The New Place for Technology
Though this article is not the most recent, I stumbled across it while looking at different technology articles online. Facebook recently purchased Mobile Technologies, a Pittsburgh based company run by a CMU professor, and specifically mentioned in the article is the Jibbigo speech translation app. Facebook is always trying to stay ahead of the trends by predicting what its users will need and Jibbigo may be it. In the near future we may be seeing a new Facebook app using Jibbigo’s technology.
This further proves that Pittsburgh is becoming a city known for more than steel. Though we’re proud of our roots, there is more to this great city besides manufacturing. Because of all of the universities in town, many of the graduates stay in the city and develop their own companies with the connections and resources that they acquired during their undergraduate years. Or like with the company mentioned in the article, professors are even carving out time in their busy schedules to start their own firms.
Entrepreneurship is a valued trait here in Pittsburgh, where the people are known for working hard and staying loyal (this is for all the Buccos fans- we finally did it!). Once we believe in a project, there’s no hope of getting us to quit.
Logix Guru, a Pittsburgh based company, is the exact same. We work hard to deliver the best possible results to our clients and we will not stop until we succeed. Need help with finding an IT professional for your business or need help with developing software solutions or software testing? Give us a call at 724-733-4500 to learn more about how we can help you.
There’s an opening for a Software Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA. Read the description below and if you have the qualifications, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Here’s the link: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E8546A361D43515B7C551D6532531E26062E
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Pittsburgh
Expected Length of Assignment: 2 years
Brief Description Of Assignment:
This candidate will work as part of a team, responsible for supporting multiple 3rd party software products installed on Windows and Linux platforms. This may include installing, troubleshooting, upgrading and patching software products as necessary, and creating required documentation. Because of the nature of the support required, some off-hours work is required.
This position will require 24/7 off-hours support including weekends and evenings.
College Degree: Yes
Years of Work Experience: 3+
Personal Skills Required:
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to form working relationships with customers, as well as to work across functional areas to identify and resolve issues.
• Highly self-motivated and flexible, with a desire to learn different technologies
• Ability to understand and support complex server software systems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle competing work requests
Technical Skills Required:
• Experience supporting the IIS, WebSphere and Weblogic servers and applications
• Experience with installing, upgrading and patching 3rd party software products
• Experience with Windows and/or Unix server administration
Additional Skills/Qualities not required but would be a plus:
• Experience supporting OBIEE
• Familiarity with Oracle E-Business Suite
• Experience with Active Directory
• Experience working on a large project
Check out this link to see reasons why Pittsburgh is the new “In” city of 2012.